Saturday, July 05, 2008

Free will

Your inspiration comes from the mountains and the moon
The ocean carries your desire, you ride her passion
Carving her body with your strength
All your life's momentum, released in a crashing moment
To discover your own depth.

How you carved through life, caught the waves from my heart
And translated it into another challenge.
You spoke to the waves, though they did not reply...
You did not wait for it. You could not obey.

How I wanted to speak!
But I've come to understand that I have no command
Over my own heart,
As of all realities. My waves gently lap your legs
As your face sets with the sun, hardened with determination
The water undulates from the rhythm of divinity
As you skillfully ride on your balance, exhilarated

I am engulfed by my own desire to have you
But you are but a man.

I have already been tamed once,
by one whose voice the wind and waves obey.
Under his command, I am in eternity
And one with the sky...
There is no other.

I beg the Master to change the seasons,
To unite us, to consume a man, defy your will
He tells me that He has given every man the universe
To discover Him, and the right to deny.
Now I am silenced once again, compelled to wait
As love does
For you, for you, for you
to discover the Author of the mountains, moon, and ocean.

No comments: