Wednesday, June 14, 2006

When Granola met Yogurt

When Granola met Yogurt, she tossed her strawberry hair
Fireworks lit the dawn sky and passion filled the air
Granola suddenly turned sheepish, his insides felt queasy
His awkward oatmeal clumps made Yogurt quite uneasy

They spent all morning together and hung out again at noon
They even stole some time after the arrival of the moon
Together were these two, through sunny or rainy days, or foggy
Yogurt found Granola charming even when he turned soggy

Granola fell in love with Yogurt's silky, voluptuous flavor
Unlike the others who were sugary but not quite something to savor
He'd never before met a dairy as cultured or naturally sweet
Lying in the glass, Yogurt snuggled against his chiseled wheat

She whispered in his ear, "Will you love me until the day I run out?"
He serenaded, "To you, my dulcet treat, I will stay forever devout
My love for you is like Cereal for his Milk, Lentil Soup for his Spoon."
She replied, "Good, my expiration date isn't until the fifth of June."

The time came for Yogurt's leave; she finally expired
To the place all Yogurts go, leaving Granola stale and tired
And Granola stood alone on the dusty shelf long after Yogurt died
Waiting for the day he could once again be by her side.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, something I don't seem to understand . . .