Monday, November 27, 2006

Unwanted territory

Hey friend, I don't feel safe in this heat
With you in this mineral valley
of misnomers and gnomes.
They tickle my feet with a gritty beat
Smelting grins between magma stones;

They craft a whiskered nest, in which
my contiguous skin receives no rest,
Plucking empty whispers from the blue,
Aching for this heart to arrest.
Sorry, I never want this home with you.

So few, the euphonious strings to resonate
Extracting from marrow a salty residue.
I'd rather otalgic to flattery, for vain
Within me boils to a viscous hate
Imbued with the obligatory migraine.

Your pox and sores putrify my puerile wall
(I like a hyperbole, you understand),
To illustrate the futility of it all.
You're not the culprit like I am, a fool
But sorry, so sorry, I just don't give a damn
about you.

No comments: