Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The Ocean

He tells me to enjoy life, it's like ice cream that must be consumed before it melts.
The dog barks, and splashes water from his bowl all over the sidewalk, the same place
where we played a silent game. Eye Heart You.

He can wink with his eyes closed.
Some people have a neurotic psyche, and you don't want to stare them in the eyes for too long.
Berkeley bums have hungry eyes, searching for the deeper nourishment seated within the hearts of tender humans. Sometimes I am running low myself, and I hoard my grain. I find out it is safe to share.

My knees have been less pained because he tells me to adjust my walking. I love my feet now, because he kisses them. I love myself now, because he kisses me. I want to teach him how to swim properly, even though he surfs. I want the ocean to remind him of me.

No comments: