Wednesday, February 26, 2020

the night terrors are not

I didn't find what i was looking for
Wanted you to know that
Coming back, discovered that i left myself
And not you.
I found myself again when i looked inside
The box that everyone tries to hide
Taped up and set in a corner
Stamped Fragile and all sorts of labels
The reason I walked away
The reason I fell for you
The reason I stayed
They scare me like a boogeyman

Walking gave me strength but
Not to give myself to you again.
The worst fear was that I would find
That I truly did love you

But i made sure to burn that bridge

And i never saw you in my dreams
Again

But I did find my other lovers there.
They told me a different story.
They were all pieces of you in the future
Chopped up to arrange for me a picture

Of what I have been trying to love.
Avoid.

A monster

No comments: