Thursday, December 22, 2005

Everything happens at night, in the cold

i walked into a snowy place where the sun
crystallized into a diamond eye
and phantom symphonies played a blue frost

i defined the thin air with my breath
the diamond touched my face with an icy flame
while the rhapsody froze my ears

i remember the proud castle i lived in
and you visited me for a short while
through the stonewall windows, icicles

i crept past my sullen ancestors like a nocturnal deer
and skipped over the creaking stairs
but it was always dark maroon in the echoing halls

the moonlight makes everything lovely
even the broken in captivity, the silent walls
and the dead silhouettes

drunk with the smell of aftershave
the fluttering heart is an illusion induced by your desire
but it comforted me for the night, like the others

i see your shivering mass in blue shadows
your eyelashes reflect the gleaming streets
that flicker with our pulses and murmurs, motions

i hate feeling weak but you will go back to switzerland and i will
forget you like every time we ever met
so why are we playing this scene again?

it only makes me compromise what i've already earned
too bad i'm not like the rest, and i don't need it anymore
your words and integrity are charming but
they are not true, like the love of my Lord

fly away to your land, baby
my fantasia has been invaded by the Sword
and the foliage is beginning to sprout warmth
breaking the spell that bound me to the winter

to the obsessions of the night

No comments: