Saturday, December 24, 2005

Purple of life

they overcome me in my serenity, the purple stripes
that grasp my reason and bruise my will
But circles they trace
in my fingerprints and irises
To confirm the destiny i have
the condemnation i deserve
the irreversible system of genetic bureacracy
and defeat i can never escape

I never figured how a simple arrangement
of the four little letters
of the DNA that describes me
could be so lethal
it is the letter that kills, but the Spirit
that gives life and life I am afraid to live
is the only chance to acquire eternity, is transience

They swoop around my rotting soul with beady eyes
and breathe in my insanity
my heart is faint and murmuring in stolid slumber
to gratify their hellish hunger
But from their glinting beaks play a silver song
So poetic and enchanting, chemical
Flesh, aroused and nude, obsessed

"Here you are mine,
here you are home." until I listen, until i believe
but I don't.

I don't belong to you anymore.
Leave me alone.
My body will decay, but my spirit will live.

No comments: